- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in South Africa.
- We also collect, store and use personal information such as:
- Information relating to your computer such as geographical data, network locations, domain names, connection types and speed, operating systems, browsers and versions, screen colours and resolution, flash and java versions, source of referral and number of page views.
- Information you provide us to give you an estimated quotation such as first name, surname, addresses, contact numbers, email addresses and ID numbers..
- Information you provide to join our mailing list such as first name, surname, email and contact numbers.
- Any other information you choose to send us.
A cookie stores information from the web browser that was sent to the web server and is stored on your local computer. This is then used by the server when you revisit a website. We may use persistent and session cookies on our website. This is used to improve user experience on our website.
Use of information
We will not without your express consent share your information with any other third parties for any advertising purposes.
Collecting information on registered members
As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, and ID numbers. You have the option of receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
From the moment when you consent, or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information if we believe that the law requires disclosure.
We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we’ll take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we receive your transmission, we’ll also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we’ll not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Access to information
We’ll take all reasonable steps to keep any information which we hold about you secure, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to other websites. These linked sites aren’t under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
We may update this policy at any time by uploading a new version to our website. You may check this URL to view any changes. We may also notify policyholders about changes via email.